Ok, I admit it, I’m not perfect. Shocker right? I have many flaws just like everyone else and I’m not ashamed to admit it. If you really want truth, there comes a point in our lives, when we must admit our imperfections. At least to ourselves.
So, here goes.
- I have gotten lazy. Yes, I have. I spent ALL of my childhood years cleaning up by myself and it sucked! I had to clean my room, which was a give-in. I had to clean the kitchen everyday, after every meal. There was no other sibling old enough to take turns with. The bathroom, Ugh! The living-room, and the dining-room. Heck, after a while my mum would call home from work and tell me to clean her room. Guys, this was everyday! So yes, now that I’m married with children, I’ve had no choice but to clean for all these(12)years. But I tell ya what….these big ones..11&12, they are going to take turns in the kitchen and alternate days in their bathroom and their bedrooms are non-negotioable. At least they have each other. The 8 year old has to keep his own belongings in order and my baby, who is 5, is learning to keep her personal items neat and organized. My point is, I’ve done my time. I still clean up my own room/bathroom and I clean up after Hubby. I cook and I do laundry. Leave me alone!!!
- Sometimes I curse. Well, not exactly, but according to the rules we have set up in our house, yeah, I curse. Our kids aren’t allowed to say any curse words at all, but also,words like, booty, butt, stupid, dumb(or dummy), shut up, freak, idiot, fool, etc. You get the point. They can’t say anything that can be used to put down or degrade anyone(especially siblings), or any words that clearly have another acceptable terms. So, sometimes, when the kids are all yelling and screaming or all 4 are trying to tattle at once, yes, I may yell out, “Shut up!” I’m not proud of it and I apologize.
- I have slacked off when it comes to folding clothes. Now truly, this one shouldn’t count. My entire household has decided that they are just going to tear into their clothing bins when they look for something to wear. Yes, even after they’ve been carefully folded. So, I’ve decided to NOT fold them.
- I have still not learned to make an Old-Fashioned Pound Cake. Yes, I know it’s sad. This cake, is the only cake, that my Hubby will eat. He can’t stand the taste of “box” or “store-bought” cakes. It’s been 17 years and I haven’t mastered it. I’m working on it tho.
- I take long naps instead of going for my walk, after my family leaves in the morning. I do! It’s always so crazy in the mornings! Someone can’t find a shoe, this one is missing a sock, her head-scarf has come undone(from doing her hair the night before), so now I’ve got to do hair(again). Then it’ll be, Hubby doesn’t see his work shirt. You never know what’s going to happen next. So, when the last person leaves(usually the middle-school-kids) I flop myself right on the couch and the next thing I know it’s 11 or 12 in the afternoon.
I think that’ll do it! I said all of that to say this….
No one’s perfect. No one. So, instead of being so hard on ourselves when we think we’re failing, let us admit our faults, realize that we aren’t perfect and then move on to live this perfectly, imperfect life. I am. Can you?